The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

XS-Power & SSautochrome Big 16G turbo... Bang for your buck Review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First of all, good day everyone! I want to cover a very controversial topic, XS-Power and brother company SSAUTOCHROME's Big16G Turbocharger. I'm posting this review as I go so I can give a detailed and accurate review of the product and all that it entails. I, like you who are reading this have wondered if a turbo charger that does not have Garrett or Precision stamped on it will preform as well. I am here to walk you through step-by-step and let you know if it's worth your time and money to purchase a turbocharger at a fraction of the cost.

Before this turns into a flaming thread, I just want EVERYONE to know that if I could afford a ball bearing garrett turbo I wouldn't hesitate. However, i'm not made of money and the turbocharger that XS-Power offers fits my budget.

This is going in a 1.8l miata, I currently have the stock 14b DSM turbo so I figured it would be appropriate to post in this forum. If I like it there will be another one going in my 4g63 talon.

Questions being asked:
1. Will it last
2. Will it perform well
3. How is customer service if need be contacted

I purchased the turbo on 12/08/12, the title for the turbo is TD05H-16G Turbo Turbocharger For Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 1 2 3 4-8 TO 450bhp.

Pics via ebay:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Specs:
Flange - DSM
Cooling via - Oil and Water
Compressor wheel - Inlet :50.5mm / Outlet
76mm, Trim 55, A/R 0.5
Turbine Wheel - Inlet :65.6mm / Outlet
55.9mm, Trim 73
V-Band centre fitment
Internal wastegate with adjustable actuator
Working Pressure - 300 - 450bhp
Includes fiting kit pictured above

As of now 10/9/12 I am waiting for the turbocharger to arrive, I will keep you guys updated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back