The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

wrist pins ruined?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95burgundyesi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, Illinois
So I call the shop askin about my 1g 2g combo that is suppost to be done. He is behind the" O the writst pins got gauged up when I removed them. WTF So he old me to come down when I have a chance." I have never assmebled rods and pistons but my good freind has many times and says a heat gun, hammer, and a screwdriver and it can be done. It is not brain surgery I guess. The only reason we did not do it is because the rods needed to be 1mm honed out to accept the pistons.

The guy said he can polish them up and said they should be okay but I need to take a look. I honestly have no idea about what is okay and what is not okay, but now I am sure I will have to find some pins and oem ones will be a rediculous price. So much for tryin to save a few dolalrs and use rods and pistons i had.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are you puttin 2nd gen. pistons on 1st gen. rods? A heat gun, hammer, and screwdriver to do pressed wrist pins is a no no.

No, said i can be done.

I took it to the shop and i called today and he was talking about how he gauged up the pin or something, I have to go take a look tomorrow at the situation. I wanted him to seperate the 1g rods form the 1g pistons and seperate the 2g rods from the 2g pistons. Machine the 1g rods and assmeble the 1g rods and 2g pistons.

That's odd, useally when you press wrist pins out the piston gets the damage not the pin. Have you priced pins and pistons from a Mitsu. dealer yet? The last time I bought 2nd. gen. pistons I believe the wrist pin came with it. Any who, before the shop assembles them, I would look "VERY" closely at all the pistons for any damage. That is if you go with the used pistons. Good luck.

RRE had them listed at 136 for pins only.

I snt my dad as I am writing this because he is the one who told me the guy does good stuff, and I am younger so the guy might jerk me around just because of my age. Yeh I will triple check the pistons.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back