The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Would you run this South Bend pressure plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhan

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Would you run this PP in a 300hp car?

Had my rotating assembly balanced by a local machine shop, which included the crank, pistons, rods, and clutch assembly. It was only after I got it home I noticed they welded a big bead on my pressure plate. Was this to add weight and balance the assembly or are they reinforcing a hairline crack?
I called and asked the shop a few days later after I saw it but the only guy that does the balancing was gone for the day. They said they'd get back to me first thing in the morning. When no one called by noon the next day, I called again and they said he's out of town :banghead:

They aren't a shady shop by any means and did a great job on everything, so I'm not worried, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask about it on here. I have had clutch drag issues in the past so maybe the PP has always had a hairline crack and I never noticed, and its the cause of my high rpm clutch drag.

@twicks69

Attachments

• 20191006_211320.jpg
    20191006_211320.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20191006_211348.jpg
    20191006_211348.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 68
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back