The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch replacement South Bend

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipper308

Proven Member
Dec 10, 2012
Bay City, Michigan
South Bend Clutch SS-Series pressure plate with TZ-Series sprung hub full face kevlar clutch kit.

Simple enough, where can i find this setup on the world wide web for purchase?

Yup, I sell them and I also offer custom clutches.

Eclipse

And

http://www.tmzperformance.com/Mitsubishi%20SBC%20Clutch%20Kits.html
^the top one $440^^

And

TMZ Performance
^^ the top one^^

What do i need? im just buying the stuff for my mechanic, im laid off, im broke and this is the worst possibly time for a money eating vehicle. do i need the kit? if so why, and why does tht dxd come with the TOB an the alignment tool but not TMZ? im just trying to figure how i can get this stuff, for a decent price and get it to mechanic and get this shit storm behind me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kits from South Bend and TMZ both included clutch disk, pressure plate, alignment tool, and Exedy TOB. They are the same, TMZ just has a better price.

Whether you need a kit or not, we have no clue. That depends on what you currently have, what went wrong, and what your trying to do. The kit includes an entire new clutch assembly. The individual disks and pressure plates are more for those who need replacement parts for their aftermarket setup, or want to mix and match pressure plates and disks. If your looking for stock parts or stock clutch kit, and your on a tight budget, I wouldn't exactly suggest a performance setup like South Bend.

it currently has a centerforce stage II clutch in it, suggestions on what route i shoud go? i mean id ust go with oem if it didnt allrdy have the centerforce clutch in it, so im assuming certain pressure plates are compatible with certain only certain clutch? how should i go about this?

Thanks for the reply

Each pressure plate design may vary, and require a disk with the proper hub dimensions to have the proper clearance for the pressure plate design.

Have you even taken off the clutch to see what is worn out or failed???

Well i caved, i just bought my ss/tz clutch from TMZ...loving that feeling you get AFTER u drop the money OMG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back