The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

would like a couple engine dress up opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spic21

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2010
albany, Louisiana
ive been doing a lot of work to engine and engine bay lately, PR FMIC, new vacuum hoses, 6an fitting for fuel system, ordered catch cans, new bored TB, relocating batt to truck, painted all my engine bay flat black and probably little more im not thinking of. basicly cleaning up alot of the mess under the hood. my color sceme is mostly blue (couplers for FMIC, vacuum hoses, hideous ford blue valve cover that im going to get powder coated blue, blue line to oil catch cans that i will be AN fitting one day and fuel system is 6an blue/red) i need to replace a bunch of old water lines and rad hoses and was thinking of changing all my water lines to red to mix it up a liitle and maybe go with a blue/red theme (under to hood anyway). what do yall think that would look like or has any done it that has pics.

plan for valve cover is a nice blue powder coat and i was thinking maybe red powder coat for plug wire cover. maybe some blue plug wires/ maybe even coil over. i dont know still playing with this in head.

now i know alot of people dont like engine dress up at all , so if thats you then i really dont need your opinion. but for those of u that do like the engine to look nice, what ya think. stay all blue with a few blue/red 6an fitting or go red on the water line.

In all honestly I would stay just blue. Red/Blue clash IMO. Post up a pic if you can as well :D

Why do so many prople do blue/red under their hood? it looks TERRIBLE. there was a thread about this awhile back in the appearance/iunterior/exterior forum with pics. I'll post a link when I get a chance.

You're going to have a lot of color if you do that. I would pick one main color and stick to that, but don't overdo it. Have you considered polishing any parts rather than just painting them, like your fuel rail? For the spark plug well cover, instead of painting it, you could do a billet aluminum cover or a carbon fiber cover. You would be surprised how good your engine bay will look if you just get everything extremely clean rather than just throwing a bunch of bright colors in it.

You're going to have a lot of color if you do that. I would pick one main color and stick to that, but don't overdo it. Have you considered polishing any parts rather than just painting them, like your fuel rail? For the spark plug well cover, instead of painting it, you could do a billet aluminum cover or a carbon fiber cover. You would be surprised how good your engine bay will look if you just get everything extremely clean rather than just throwing a bunch of bright colors in it.

This +1

yea i polish my fuel rail it looks nice. didnt think about the plug cover. my buddy that owned car first did valve cover. red is out dont want it lookin cheesy. i only painted fire wall, radiator( because i had it fix), and coupler nasty brackets they need it look like crap. it already looking alot better. i have a lot of pics, i want to post up on progress of the car.

i had posted this in another thread i started as well but just no responds yet

on a side note to Moderator, i have been doing a lot of work to my car and have taken lots of pic along the way. if u look at my mods list youll see what ive done. i was wondering were i would start a post for all these pics with alittle write up on each, i think it would be very beneficial, especially to all the newbies like me. i also wouldnt mind if someone edit it to make it more understandable, as im severe dyslexic, great with my hand but reading comp and writing not so much.

I agree on the polishing some things...use that as your second "color" so to speak. Also blue looks great and I am guessing your car is blue? If not what color is it? You could do a blue/white setup...that would also transfer to your interior as well and exterior if needed. White is no where as hard to keep clean under the engine as everyone will tell you. Its much much harder...LOL...jk. It's not that hard. Hope this helps, Keith.

Car is a tanish color but I'll prob go black. My best friend is a painter so whatever I do will be at a good price. He's talkin about teachin me some on this car

I'm not all about flashy paint jobs these days because where I live it just another reason to have police mess with u. My last car was a lancer that was orange and black and I'll never do that again

i personally would just stick with red/black i think that looks the best defiantly on a red dsm or black for that matter

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back