The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

WOT bogging, thought it could be fuel pump???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylercuevas93

Probationary Member
Oct 19, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
Looked over some of the threads on here, kind of in a hurry to get this fixed as it's my daily and it has been out of commission for over a week now : /. Quick summary of what happened. It had been raining a lot, and I have a gst spyder, with a not so forgiving top to the rain, rain got in and what I believe had happened was shorted something out, battery died out mid way of putting top up but still could get windows up and dash still worked somehow. Got the car to my house, barley after the car was bucking and battery wasn't holding power. Checked volts on my battery and my alt. was fried, new one is installed, the car now runs again. Start the car up and it has a very bad idle for about 10 mins, idle between 500-900, after about 10 mins, it idles right at about 1100 rpms (ecu set to 900 target). Thinking it could possibly be a fuel pump but not 100% sure as it runs now, but when I step on the gas the engine sounds like its getting ready to go, but boggs out. Read it could be rings, and was wondering where I could get a compression test done? At any local shop? Running all stock fuel components, turbo besides a couple bolt-on's. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for any re-post, as I said before I am just in a hurry to get my baby fixed!! Thanks again everyone!

Seems like you have access to some logging software and a tactrix as you stated that you have set the target idle.

I would log all the sensors to include the TPS and MAF while monitoring everything else with the engine off and then on. Do you have a wideband? If not, you could look at the short term fuel trims and see if the ECU is dumping fuel at idle and under 2K RPM to account for a failing pump on your first hypothesis.

Check the plugs, coils, etc. and do a good visual inspection. Seems like an external issue but good luck. A compression test is a quick and easy thing as you can check the plugs while you do that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back