The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

wont turn off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you have a turbo timer on the car? what brand is it?

My damn greddy TT did this to me. I got in the school parking lot, parked the car, and when I turn the key to turn it off, it wouldnt turn off.

There is no turbo timer on the car. We just got it turned over for the first time today. After a rebuild and upgrade.

My comment was a suggestion until it does get fixed. Less of a hassle then getting out and popping the hood everytime.

That is right, but we are hopping to get it all fixed tomorrow. And have it fully running by Saturday.

There is no turbo timer on the car. We just got it turned over for the first time today. After a rebuild and upgrade.

actually there is a turbo timer in the car. its an Apexi brand. it was installed when i bought the car. I never messed with it....i have no idea how to adjust anything on it.

actually there is a turbo timer in the car. its an Apexi brand. it was installed when i bought the car. I never messed with it....i have no idea how to adjust anything on it.

That would be the reason it isn't shutting off most likely. I would either remove it (should be easy if it was properly installed), or try and search a way to adjust the time it takes to shut it off. I don't know much about turbo timers though...

You could possibly have it set to auto. That's when the unit tries to estimate how long your car should remain on instead of a predetermined time. Either turn it off when the car wont shut off or if it was done with the correct wiring harness, pull the wiring. Car should turn off if it's the TT causing it.

Leave it on!! It should only run for 30-60 seconds. Most of them are set up so the E brake will disable it.

Isn't that the purpose of a TT?:confused::D

yup, but mine froze to death. from 40 sec. to 1 sec. then 0.... the screen turned off but the back light has still on. (key was already removed) put the key back in and turned it back off still nothing. took out the battery but didnt die cause of the alternator. I yanked out the harness and unplug the connections to turn it off.

yup, but mine froze to death. from 40 sec. to 1 sec. then 0.... the screen turned off but the back light has still on. (key was already removed) put the key back in and turned it back off still nothing. took out the battery but didnt die cause of the alternator. I yanked out the harness and unplug the connections to turn it off.

Yeah, mine has done that as well, I also had to unplug it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back