The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

windows vista and megasquirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRand

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Hey anyone having any issues configuring the megasquirt to work on vista.

I tried copying everything from my old laptop over and did exacty like I did before, but the part where you activate the code is greyed out.

I have a copy of MegaTune running on Vista, but I haven't programmed any boxes with it. I found it has trouble maintaining communications with any other chip that I try to program through a USB-serial converter. Most of my design tools do not work with Vista, so I run a virtual machine (Microsoft Virtual PC... it's free) with Windows XP. Programming through XP seems to work almost every time. The only other thing to try would be adding the USB mod to Megasquirt itself, but I think that's just like internalizing a USB-serial converter, so it might not help.

Yep. I was very close to installing Ubuntu within a week of getting my new machine. If it weren't for the VPC and XP, I would've trashed Vista a long time ago.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back