The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Will this wheel fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUOeclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2009
Azusa, California
Looking at picking me a set of these for my 2gb. This is currently my set up:

Tokio Illuminas
Eibach ProKit Springs
17" GSX rims
Hankook 215/50/ZR17

The wheels I'm thinking about getting are Axis Apex's.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

17X8
Offset 38mm
Bolt Pattern 5-114.3

My tires are still only 2 months old, will these be ok for the setup I have now?

It will fit. Also depends on how low your car is. If your car is slam, it will rub the fender when you turn or go up driveways at an aggressive angle

If it does rub, rolling the edge of your fender wells can give you a extra 1/2" of clearance probably.

Go to "rimsntires.com". pull up the "shop rims by car" and click on "OEM tire" pulldown, and pick 17". At the top it will show the OEM sizes by rim size. Than click on "Compare Sizes" Up will come a chart showing the stock setup on left and let you key in your projected sizes on the right. There is lots of info here.. The chart below will give you recommendations as you key in changes to the wheel on the right.

It mainly says that 215/50/17 is stock setup with offsets from 35 to 45. So your setup should be fine.

BK85

Thanks for all the info guys! I'm heading for the site now BK85. My car isn't slam that low, so I think I should be ok as far as it rubbing on the fender. Here is a pic of my ride height.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back