The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Will this intercooler be sufficient???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4G63 GST

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
What do you guys think about this intercooler .. its an ebay brand but it IS bar and plate. I know ill prolly get bashed for being a cheapo .. but whatever .. thats what owning a dsm is about .. how far you can go with the least money. The way i see it is that anything is better than my sidemount which is getting heat soaked for sure and just isnt really sufficient for me anymore. Mods in profile

Here are some pictures of the intercooler .. its 17x12x3

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks guys .. please keep the offbrand bashing to a minimum ..

Luke :dsm: :talon: :laser:

I think it will be good for your setup, but my personal rule is never to get an intercooler less than 3.5" thick.

well i just took some measurements on the car a bit ago .. and i found another core to go with .. still an off brand .. still bar and plate .. new demensions are 28x9x3 .. i think im going to go with a shorter cooler cause at the moment i dont feel like hacking up my bumper ..

Luke :dsm: :talon: :laser:

for cooling my car? what else would it do :confused:

4G63 GST said:
for cooling my car? what else would it do :confused:

I think the question is, what are your performance goals... if you plan on running high boost, then you'd need to get a larger/more efficient cooler than if you're just going to be running 1bar or so, and doing general driving... as a rule, just about any FMIC is better than the stock sidemount.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back