The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Will she make it.. or should i wait????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backinajiffy12

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2008
Shakopee, Minnesota
So my baby had arecent rebuild. btu oly has 400 miles on the engine and i cant tune it until 1000 miles or so. and i want it down at school with me. its 215 miles there will it make it or should i wait until it has been tuned to bring it down to school?

So my baby had arecent rebuild. btu oly has 400 miles on the engine and i cant tune it until 1000 miles or so. and i want it down at school with me. its 215 miles there will it make it or should i wait until it has been tuned to bring it down to school?

learn how to spell first.:thumb:. why set up are you using that you need to tune yet? If the set up isnt necessary to tune yet then dont worry about it yet. that means bigger injectors or bigger turbo you probably need to tune.

better safe then sorry. I'd leave it and put more city driving before taking that far of a trip. you don't want to be posting back saying you blew a hole in the side of your block. it also depends on who built your motor.

learn how to spell first.:thumb:. why set up are you using that you need to tune yet? If the set up isnt necessary to tune yet then dont worry about it yet. that means bigger injectors or bigger turbo you probably need to tune.

You shouldn't pick out someone's spelling mistake if you're going to make one too.

You really should update your profile b/c we have no idea what you did. If you just went with a stock engine rebuild then I would say its depends on the quality of whoever did the work, but if you raised compression or stroke, bigger injectors, larger turbo, etc. then I would wait until it gets tuned.

I'm pretty sure cause he chose 1000 miles it's because of break in but it is only an assumption and I could be wrong. If it is you do realize breaking in on a dyno is one of the best ways to break in your engine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back