The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Why is my car so much faster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsdsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2004
rochester, Minnesota
Ok this is what i have:

91 talon tsi awd
evo3 16g 6cm housing, 38mm flapper
apexi n1 3" exhaust
apexi 2.5" dp
2g o2 housing
2g exhaust manifold
walboro 255lph
act 2100 clutch kit

17" 2g wheels GSX

This is his set up:

90 talon tsi awd
evo3 16g 7cm housing, 38mm flapper
megan 3" dp
megan 3" exhaust
2g ported o2 housing
stock clutch
S-AFC 2 mild tune

16" 2g GST wheels

both have free mods and both running 10psi... i walked him when we were both in 3rd gear.... both are manual

tell me whats making my car so much quicker???????????

Just a quick question, im new to DSMs, but how do you know your clutch would be slipping, can you feel, can you tell, can you hear it, any comments would be great, thanks....

-alex

You try accelerating and go no where. Engine revs car doesn't really move.

racinmasonc said:
Hey i'm the guy who matched up with my buddy (patdsm) my stock clutch is NOT slipping... 3rd gear 55mph - 90 or so and i stayed with him for the first 3-4 seconds then he just walked away
Considering how much problems you been having, kind of explains why you got walked. :)

racinmasonc said:
actually i found out the problem.. you were off... :) my friend installed the 7cm housing with the flapper held open... thats why the spool was so late... fixed that problem.. :thumb:
So you're telling me that you were able to build 17psi @ 5k with a held open flapper? Try again. ;)

From the other thread:

oldman said:
1. How are you sure there are no exhaust leaks? How did you test?

2. Make sure that the flapper is fully closed when the actuator arm is attached.

3. Perform a boost leak test.

racinmasonc said:
Exhaust leaks... you would hear an exhaust leak... my friend with a 90 GSX has one and its loud as piss.... and all it is, is the exhaust gasket is leaking a bit.. so i would assume you would hear that.

Flapper is closed... made sure of that when we installed the evo3 16g
boost leaks... it holds any psi fine at the certain throttle %, if it was leaking it wouldn't hold psi at the same throttle %, it would only drop.

correct?
:nono:

racinmasonc said:
actually yes i was... the flapper wasn't completely open all the way... maybe 1/2 way open... if you don't believe me then thats fine.. the 7cm housing has the adjustable flapper so you can have the flapper open or closed and how tight you want it... pretty much like an adjustable wastegate arm. but once again.. i'm building full boost at 3500-3700rpms now.. rather than 5000rpms....

yeah i just found out he installed the 7cm housing that way.. i wasn't there for that.. he just said it should be all the way closed when he put it on.

^^^^^
OldMan pwns you. :thumb:

anyway, this thread is retarded and should be closed... good for a laugh though.

racinmasonc said:
he pwns me when he says theres no way i was boosting 17psi on a opened flapper?? rofl.. whatever then.. opened flapper doesn't always mean COMPLETELY open..

Wow... you suck at life... Read above and you'll see this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
1. How are you sure there are no exhaust leaks? How did you test?

2. Make sure that the flapper is fully closed when the actuator arm is attached.

3. Perform a boost leak test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinmasonc
Exhaust leaks... you would hear an exhaust leak... my friend with a 90 GSX has one and its loud as piss.... and all it is, is the exhaust gasket is leaking a bit.. so i would assume you would hear that.

Flapper is closed... made sure of that when we installed the evo3 16g
boost leaks... it holds any psi fine at the certain throttle %, if it was leaking it wouldn't hold psi at the same throttle %, it would only drop.

correct? "

Looks like you didn't know what you were talking about... and then tell a wiseman "you were way off" when he asked you a simple question that you lied/bs'ed/didn't have a clue/

and "wired open flapper" almost ALWAYS means all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back