The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Why am I so slow? 14.5 best run

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToBoost

Probationary Member
Jul 6, 2009
mesa, Arizona
alright soo.. took mt tsi (fwd) to the friday night drags last night at firebird raceway.
ran about 7 tims the whole night and the best i got was a 14.5 @ 14lbs, i was conviced i was going to be running in the mid/high 13's with the current setup heres the mods :

-Energy Suspension Poly Motor Mounts
-Energy Suspension Poly Sub Frame/Front/Rear Bushings
-Big Evo 3 16G
-DNP Manifold
-Non Recirc o2 Housing
-Ported Wastegate
-Tial 38mm, 8psi spring
-Open downpipe
-K&N Filter, cut housing
-Hacked maf
-Dejon Intake Tube
-Crushed BOV
-EPROM
-6 puck clutch
-ACT Extension rod
-255 Warlbro & Fuel Pump rewire
-'90 Oil Filter Housing with Supra oil cooler
-Short Shifter

am i asking to much or is this slow? i did have some clutch slipping problems towards end or night.

could be clutch def, also have you checked for boost leaks? What compression is on each cylinder? Some common problems

firstrun i was @ 10lbs and for a 14.6, turned boost up to 14lbs and all's i can manage was a 14.58 or something along that line ill run downstairs and find that slip.

and no i havnt done a boost leak test yet.

ok heres info from timeslip:

r/t .307
60-2.369
330-6.293
1/8-9.462
mph-78.80
1000-12.185
1/4-14.513
mph

Hmm at 14 lbs that isn't terrible, may just need some more seat time.

alrighty 2nd gear had full boost at around 4k-4300 rpm, 3rd gear is at about 3k

get yourself an FPR and something to tune it with. you can have all the best mods in the world, but if they arent tuned properly, you're not gonna see the benefits of the upgrades.

also, i have to agree with saechao04. you just need some more seat time. get that 60ft down!

i'm pretty sure i need a better tire when boost was turned up i coudln't get traction in first gear much. when i did i lilttle burnout in the burnout box it helped with tracion from a dig, mabey some drag radials?

i'm pretty sure i need a better tire when boost was turned up i coudln't get traction in first gear much. when i did i lilttle burnout in the burnout box it helped with tracion from a dig, mabey some drag radials?

yea man. tires are HUGE at the track. a set of drag radials will help you ALOT. also, is it a FWD?

i know how it is. LOL..... an LSD would be a good investment for you too. i actually need to get one for mine still. haha

yeah definitly, i know my car has alot more in it, on the street it def pull's like a mid 13 sec car!

If I were you I'll go this route, something to tune/log with, then some tires, well drag season is almost over in Portland, not sure about there. Tuning and seat time is definitely key. I went with an upgraded turbo and everything too and didn't get a logger or tuner, after I got link it was a world of difference.

what do you guys suggest i get to tune/moniter with? hopfully something user friendly, as i've never used a tuner of any kind

Tune, AFPR, and more seat time and ul be fine. Even if you just practice launching on a back road or something. You'll get there, the best thing is to just learn and not get frustrated. Good luck. :thumb:

Jackal (DS-Map) speed density all the way :), for some reason I thought I saw AFPR on your list, but it was a fuel pump rewire so I agree with picking one of those up. Once you get that and get some tunning in, start working on getting your 60's down and maybe start looking at tires and some suspension work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back