The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

so.. why did i run so slow??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrnOutKing said:
As for Pump gas low to mid 14's would be normal for FWD.

If you are a complete crack monkey who cant drive for beans :p

I'd be more than a little disappointed if I didnt hit 12's with a 16g....

As for this guys car, you have a serious problem. But your log actually looks decent....how old was your clutch when you ran? I have a feeling since you've replaced it since then, that it may have been slipping, which will obviously kill a 1/4 mile time/mph. :)

If i had to take a stab in the dark on your tuning, I'd say you're running rich, however it'd have to be insanely rich to have caused that kind of mph, so that really isnt your main problem.

Definately check for boost leaks and get it tuned. I run 14.6s with just a FIPK.

have you done a compression and leak down test on the engine? You said earlyer about a blown head gasket, the way i noticed my head gasket was gone was there was bubles coming up up from the radiator cap. Check the oil and see if its creamy and turning white. If it is then the head gaskets blown. Other then that i would check the clutch,tranny,all your axles all the charge pipes and even you side mount after you run see if it is heat soaked.. Check it all over Good luck and nice set up so far.

ive done the leakdown test, not compression yet gotta find someone with a gauge. i have a brand new tranny clutch and flywheel too...

my oil looks normal color... also i noticed when i took off my intake the other day there was oil in my turbo. i think its just oil circulating from the SMIC and pipes, cause my old t25 was blown and it always had oil in it, i know this turbo isnt blown before i bought it off my friend he was running 12s with it. should i take off my SMIC and clean it out with gas or something? think i read a vfaq about that, does that help?

i swear there isnt anything wrong with my turbo setup, fuel, etc ive checked it all 20 times. it has to be something in my engine... which isnt good if im right.

Sephroth57 said:
ive done the leakdown test, not compression yet gotta find someone with a gauge. i have a brand new tranny clutch and flywheel too...

my oil looks normal color... also i noticed when i took off my intake the other day there was oil in my turbo. i think its just oil circulating from the SMIC and pipes, cause my old t25 was blown and it always had oil in it, i know this turbo isnt blown before i bought it off my friend he was running 12s with it. should i take off my SMIC and clean it out with gas or something? think i read a vfaq about that, does that help?

i swear there isnt anything wrong with my turbo setup, fuel, etc ive checked it all 20 times. it has to be something in my engine... which isnt good if im right.

how was your clutch when you ran last time? If it was slipping, then that would be exactly why your times werent that great.

Oil on the turbo is NOT normal. The SMIC and all that is all intake/pre-engine stuff. I'm assuming when you say 'turbo' you are refferring to the exhaust side, if that does indeed have oil on it....well...its not good.

Sephroth57 said:

YES clean out ur IC and pipes, i noticed a difference in pull when i cleaned mine :D

I would be upset with a 14.6 if I were you also.
My Big28 equipped 98' GSX is .780 of a second faster in the 1/8 (1-2 car lengths), my best 1/8 being 8.4x @ 88., and over a full second faster in the 1/4. (13.2 @ 103)

If you are running rich, as it sounds to me, definetly take some more fuel away.

Get a buddy with a wideband to monitor/help tune. I bet your rich.

16g's ARE 12 second capable turbo's. Its all about the state of tune though.

"Rich as Hell" is my vote.

Gsxtacy

Well I had the Same thing happen to me i ran 14.5s -14.8s all day long with the current mods i have listed.. i was totally pissed and i knew something was wrong.... I figured it was my fpr being over run and i have a 3000gt VR4 denso 180lph +rewire fuel pump and i finally got a fuel gauge and it read 55 psi. So i bought an aeromotive AFPR from slowboy (130$ shipped to my door) just not but a month ago and my best time at 15 psi was a 13.5 101with a 1.8 sixty and that is completely untuned... I set my fuel pressure to 42-43 with the vac hose off and i also made a little cold air access through the hole of the side light in the bumper and after i did those 2 things it was a night and day difference... im thinking i am low 13s now becuase this was done at 100 degrees and im usually found frying eggs on my stock intercooler after a run....... :p

I have a Walbro 190 lph pump and FIC 650's tuned with an SAFC.

Does a bigger than stock FP put out more pressure than the stocker?

I don't have a AFPR and I am already running lower 13's than that...check my mods.

Maybe if I could pick up a second like you...I could hit 12's!!!

Sweet.

Let me know if you think a AFPR would help my set-up.

Gsxtacy

After you set the fuel pressure.....You did what to the Light in the side cover?

i am also wondering i ran about the same mph in the 1/8th and i ran a 9.86 with a 2.0 2.1 60' and i have the same problem with the whitish smoke at idle and oil in the inlet of my turbo (cold sie) well i am using oil to and leaking under the car which i hope to have fixed friday but the smoke is what bothers me i had a freind tell me a catch can will help that cuz it is more than likely oil out of valve cover going back through my intake

if u find anything oput tell me so i know where to start

oh ya the only mods i have are a 16g 3inch turbo back and a k&n

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back