The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Who has gone the fastest on a unmodified manual trany

Fastest DSM on a stock unmodified manual trany

• 12.0s-11.50s

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 11.50s-11.00s

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 11.00s- 10.0s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hasent happend yet, but I beat the piss out if it!!!

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIfreek

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2003
cary, Illinois
I wanted to ask who has gone the fastest with out a trany failure. Also what clutch stet up were you running when it failed. What gear??

TSIfreek said:
I wanted to ask who has gone the fastest with out a trany failure. Also what clutch stet up were you running when it failed. What gear??

1st 2nd and 3rd (3rd mostly if your a street racer) go fast on these trany's

i doubt you'll see 11's more than a few times b4 ur trany goes bye bye... unless your lucky and get one of hte magic ones

ive heard that sean glazar runs 8s on a sotck tranny but they replace them after every 3 or 4 passes dont quote me on this but if its true damn thats alot of money in trannys

notractiongst said:
ive heard that sean glazar runs 8s on a sotck tranny but they replace them after every 3 or 4 passes dont quote me on this but if its true damn thats alot of money in trannys

Exactly what I was going to say. I heard that is what they did back in the day.

uhhhh...at moroso he was replacing a tranny every run in 2001...he was pretty good at replacing a tranny in 20 mins though watching him LOL...start the car and be back at it for another run :thumb: ...with 5 spares or so in the trailer.

sean glazer runs with sheps trannys. it says so on extrememotorsports.com

A freind of mine ran the original stock 140,000 mile engine/trans combo in his '90 GSX for a few years,at the track for almost every T&T (he literally had over 100 time slips) and lots of street abuse. The car progressed from low 12's to 11.60s @123.

That was the engine and trans that could. He never broke the trans. He ended up killing the motor (driver error) experimenting with nitrous,and ended up parting the car. Someone bought the trans for their stock car,and the last I heard its still going...

Driving style has a lot to do with trannys lasting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back