The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Which Spec Clutch Should I Get ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1g4g63t

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2005
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
i am looking on the spec clutch website for a new clutch and i dont know which one to get..

i have a non turbo tranny as of now and i wont have a turbo one for awhile so here's the deal...i know i am not gettin stage 1 2 or 3..

i plan on putting 350hp to the wheels but i duno what my torque will be..ive seen dsms w/ low hp but some really high ass torque....sooo here are my choices...

Stage Four- 310lbs
High-clamp pressure plate, 2-piece rigid disc, bearings and a tool. Available in 3 or 6 wing design for serious road racing and drag racing.

Stage Five- 496lbs
High-clamp load pressure plate, iron disc, bearings and a tool.

which clutch should i get ? ? :confused:

so no one is gonna help huh ? i thought this site was suppose to help me out?..i guess not....

stage 3, you will be putting 400 hp to the clutch/crank. I believe the stage 3 is right around that area.

EDIT: just noticed your N/T? If so I dont know if that changes the power rating.

I have a SPEC stage 5 clutch for my car. I had the same problem you had. I didnt know what one to get. I called them and they were very helpful. Thats my advice. Call them and talk to them, thell them what you have and what you plan to do. They will point you in the right direction.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back