The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Where can I buy more boost fluid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoUd91tsiFWD

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2002
NE_Kentucky
Hi all,
I recently purchased a 91 talon with the turbo. When I drove it, I could never feel the turbo give any power and the guy said it just needed some more boost fluid. He told me to look at the guage, and when I gave it some gas, it never reached boost and he said that meant it was empty. He didn't want too much for it and it was a 5 spd (what I wanted) so I bought the car for $2300 and got it home. Well the next day I looked around forever, but could not tell where I need to fill back up the boost. I saw some lines going into the turbo, so I am pretty sure that is where it needs to go.
The only problem now is that I cannot seem to find any of the fluid at my local auto parts stores. Most of them have never heard of anything like it and one other place said they no longer carried it. Is this something I have to get at the dealer?

Anyways, if you can help please reply, I can't wait to start using the turbo again:D

Originally posted by dTERM
Wow, I feel so sad for you. I agree. Find that A$$ Hole that sold you the car and KICK HIM IN THE NUTS! Then follow him home and post his address here and we'll all go and kick him in the nuts too.

Please post this guy's info. I want to beat his A$$. I hate people who take advantage of others.

Joe

ps- I thought this was a joke at first also!

wow...just...wow....

That reminds me of when my dad told me that when electronics start to burn and smoke, the smoke is leaking out of the wires. So to fix it, you have to put the smoke back in the wires. My parents laughed at me for days when I was trying to figure out how to put the smoke back in the wires.

Originally posted by LoUd91tsiFWD
ok since he is coming over tomorrow, is there any way I can check the turbo by myself to see if its bad? I don't want him lying to me, although I hate to say that because he seemed like an honest guy. Can I take the inlet pipe off and turn the car on to see if the turbo spins?

There is no such thing as an honest guy when it comes to selling a car.
The guy who sold it to you is either totally full of crap, or knows nothing about cars.

The way I see it you have 2 options, one try and get something out of the guy or two, leave it. You got an OK price even If you have to replace the turbo.

If you think he is lying again, tell him wo wait and post a quick thread on here, someone will give you a quick answer.

I need more blinker fluid, that reminds me...

Anyways, take the inlet pipe off (follow the black tubing from the filter box) and wiggle the shaft (pointing peice away from the blades) and push in and out. Also look for smoke. That is the most info I can give...

BTW he sounds like he swindled you into buying it so dont let him look at it. He already knows. Take it to a shop for everything that is wrong with it and did you sign a bill of sale?

Yeah...your best test will be to pop off the inlet pipe and spin the blade with your finger. It should move freely. If it resists or feels like it's scraping, it needs a rebuild. Look on eBay...someone is always parting out old DSM's. This is also a good time to check all the tubing to the turbo. Make sure oil flows freely, last thing you need is to spend $200 on a used turbo only to blow it up the first day.

ever watch F&F? well remember that part where johny tran whoops the dudes ass and makes him drink oil... now is one of those times.... and BTW i think he shot ur turbo to hell or it should spool some... do u hear a vacuum noise? and if it has a boost guage and turbo then it prob is a turbo.... if its spooling then the guage is broken... if its not.... well then get ready to buy a bigger turbo.... and please find that dude and beat him to hell... by no fluid it could mean leaking boost.... so yeah find the dude and make him drink with u

LoUd91tsiFWD

Sell your car NOW. Buy a Honda, a visor, drop in some of that boost fluid, and keep on truckin...

Originally posted by nholley
I still maintain nut kicking is the best course of action

I second that! :mad:

But, give the buyer a break, he probably already feels bad enough for getting suckered so bad because he didn't do any research before buying it. Let's just take him under *our* wing and guide him. ;)

Joe

I'm not saying that this isn't funny as sh!t, but we don't want him to commit hari kari over it.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! Best thread EVER!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by nholley
I still maintain nut kicking is the best course of action

I second that!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That makes 3 of us.....

There is no such thing as boost fluid or Turbo fluid make the guy take the car back or give you some of your money back.

Tell him that you don't believe him about the fluid and ask him to show you a bottle of it. I say you tell the guy that if he can show you a bottle of the fluid he can kick you and the rest of us here in the nuts, but if he can't then we will all give him the beating of his life.

I have to commend all of you that have offered to help in this thread, either through information, links, or support. It reminds me why I joined this community and why I stay here.

I really hope this works out for you, LoUd91tsiFWD!

BG

Originally posted by Batgirl
I have to commend all of you that have offered to help in this thread, either through information, links, or support. It reminds me why I joined this community and why I stay here.

I really hope this works out for you, LoUd91tsiFWD!

BG

I first I did think it was a joke but then I realized someone just did know so I wanted to help before they got even more bent-over then what has already happened.

Later,

I bought my winter beater from a guy who said the car wouldn't build boost. He said he had driven it for almost a year like that. I bought the car for nothing fixed it for the cost of a paper clip. The wastegate arm had fallen off! Might be a good place to start looking.

Tim
"13.1@112 with no second gear"

my friend had a similar prob with his 300zx tt. he heard the snails spool up, but the bost gauge said there was no boost and you couldnt feel any boost either. he took it to a place that specializes in z cars and they replaced the vacuum hose and it boosted like a motherfuc|<er. but thats a z not a dsm, so it might be different

:laugh:

Here is a suggestion
Look at your turbo there is a Valve with a arm on it that goes up and mounts to your Wastegate( a little arm), this is your wastegate actuator. check to see that it is connected to the arm there should be some sort of pin (cotter pin) that holds it into place if this isnt hooked up you wont get any boost. If it is hooked up then you probably have yourself a blown turbo. I hope that makes since

I think buyer and seller need a kick in the nuts. The seller for finding someone dumb enough to believe it and trying it. The buyer for not researching the problem prior to purchase of the vehicle. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there's no such thing as boost fluid. Hell, I'd buy the seller a beer for being so damn creative. Now THAT'S a marketing technique.

Joe

Well I just got back from looking over the car with Hal (guy I bought it from) and we pulled off the intake tube. He tried to wiggle the wheel but it wouldn't move much at all he said. I even gave it a shot and sure enough it was still solid and spun freely.
He started going over some of the vaccuum lines, and there was one going to the pop off valve (he said it is used for releasing pressure when you let off the throttle so it doesn't hurt the turbo.) Well he had "T"d off one of the vaccuum lines so he could run the booster control to the pop off valve. We removed the valve because he said it might be getting stuck open and would not hold any of the boost.
He showed me how it worked and noticed that the valve was stuck open just a tiny bit and he said that was my problem. He told me I can pick a new one up at the dealer or a junkyard for around $30. I was happy to hear that it isn't going to cost that much to fix, so I have the valve off the car still, going to head to the junkyard tomorrow to see if I can find a good pop off valve.
I just want to make sure this makes sense. Seemed reasonable to me on why the boost would not hold if the valve was open.:)

What are you doing, the BOV stuck open I dont think so. Whoever sold you this car is a #@%#@%#@%#@%ing idiot dont listen to anything he says. Your BOV is probably working just fine 1g BOVs never break they might start to leak but they never break. Check your Wastegate actuator like I told you to do that might be your problem. Make sure your hose for your bov is plugged into your Intake manifold port. There is also a BCS(boost control selonoid) which is mounted on your airbox the little black valve there should be two hoses on it one running to your air box (big metal black thing) and one running to your wastegate hose coming of your wastegate actuator(the brass valve on your turbo) check those connections if you dont know what im talking about then take it to a mechanic who knows about forced induction cars.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back