The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

where are all the dsm people in Harford/Baltimore county??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barely made it home last night.. My alt. took a shit on me coming home and thankfully I made it home with high 11 volts.. Thanks Shane for following me home and bringing the slicks.

I personally only did two passes and chose to drive it home while it was in one piece, and I'm glad I did now.

I'll post videos later of our runs..

We gotta figure this issue out with Tony's car before MIR because whatever he tries, he can't boost past 25lbs..

Travis is maxed out of injector and his Airfuels are way high even for E85.

Myself, I spun the first pass, bogged second and ran a 11.5 @ 137
Second pass I gave it one degree up top and leaned it out .2 points. That netted me 10.9 @ 143.9 with a bogged launch. That's a new personal best MPH for me which was 141 before.

Videos to come of our runs..

U need an alt or elec issues?

I haven't looked into it yet, but I think its the alt.

It's a cheap autozone replacement for my last one that grenaded. The internals fall apart spinning it to 9500. I need to find a better solution. I think this one did the same. My next step is a self exhilarating alt and see what that does. That will rule out a electrical issue because it runs off the battery and doesn't need a 12V source to promote charging..

Travis- Hell yea man... I was happy with that. I bet once I get this Toe normal and the wheels strait, I'm hoping ill gain a few more. I'm sure they are dragging having the wheels inward..haha

Thank god Capitol goes with the 9.9 rather than the 135mph rule for a license.. It's supposed to be 9.9 or 135, but that may be NHRA. Capitol is IHRA..

It's a cheap autozone replacement for my last one that grenaded. The internals fall apart spinning it to 9500. I need to find a better solution. I think this one did the same. My next step is a self exhilarating alt and see what that does. That will rule out a electrical issue because it runs off the battery and doesn't need a 12V source to promote charging..

Travis- Hell yea man... I was happy with that. I bet once I get this Toe normal and the wheels strait, I'm hoping ill gain a few more. I'm sure they are dragging having the wheels inward..haha

Thank god Capitol goes with the 9.9 rather than the 135mph rule for a license.. It's supposed to be 9.9 or 135, but that may be NHRA. Capitol is IHRA..

i thought it was 9.9 or 150mph??? I could be wrong, so long since i looked at a rule book. Hey theres a place on harford road we deal with called BD electric i think, i can get the number monday. You should call them and tell them what you got going on with the alt and spinning 9500. They can prob build you something that will work for a decent price. Shops had a few new styles done there because replacements were dealer only.

And yes God, i need to find out WTF is going on in my car. I think were going to fix the coolant prob with a new cap, but that boost issue had me wanting to drive it off a bridge or something. Guess i need to ask around for another wastegate.

And speaking of alts, truck was over charging on the way home last night and had a battery smoking outta the vent...it never ends

Last edited:

And i was about to tell yoy holla at me about the alternator, I work at autozone. Lol dang. Sorry for the crappy :ohdamn:remans

Here are a few video's of last night. I don't have any of Tony unfortunelty becuase he arrived later in the evening.

I really think me not having a welded diff. is hurting me bad. I've noticed in my video's that certain wheels spin while others doesn't and that is making it impossible to keep traction at high boost. This video is a bogged launch, but the other pass it just lights them up.
Turbo Talon runs 10.9 @ 143 HTA3586 - YouTube

Here a few of Travis's runs from last night.

HX35 powered turbo Laser t@t - YouTube

Last edited:
Here are a few video's of last night. I don't have any of Tony unfortunelty becuase he arrived later in the evening.

I really think me not having a welded diff. is hurting me bad. I've noticed in my video's that certain wheels spin while others doesn't and that is making it impossible to keep traction at high boost. This video is a bogged launch, but the other pass it just lights them up.
Turbo Talon runs 10.9 @ 143 HTA3586 - YouTube

Here a few of Travis's runs from last night.

HX35 powered turbo Laser t@t - YouTube

Good job guys. That guy at capitol never has anything good to say about us imports

Was really hoping to put more power to the ground, but if I did I would have been more excited to make more passes instead of load up the car. With the car running lean I'm glad I packed up early. More mods and changes to come when I get some time.

Thanks for posting the videos Adam, your pretty good at editing them. Adam, are you planning
Switching to E 85 before WCF?

Hey guys im looking for a few things and was wondering if someone had them laying around. Im in need of a 6bolt head with valves no cams and a awd trans 5 speed with transfer case. If its a 91 up i need cables and shifter base with shifter. Im going to try to make it to the junkyard on sunday to find a head but i doubt ill find a awd 1g with what i need from it. Thanks

I have a awd gvr4 trans and transfercase that was in good condition when pulled from car pm me if you are interested and i think travis has the shifter base and cables for it

I also have a 1g 6 bolt head but it needs to be rebuilt

Chris, I do have he shift cables from the '91 AWD 5 speed that Shane had. I don't know if I took out the shifter base out of that car or not, but I think I may have another shifter base from another 1g turbo car, but I would need to check on that. If I do have a shifter base I'm 95% sure it's from a '91-94. The trans and shift cables are from a '91 so the shifter bracket should match up as well if I do have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Travis. I sent Shane a PM about the trans. If we can wheel and deal ill let you know about the cables and base. Would love to get these couple of things fixed so that I dont have to worry about anything going wrong with the car for a while.

I have a shifter base if you can't get one through them. I also have a stock tranny in good shape, shifts smoother than my Shep, but Id like you to exhaust all other leads before it even being an option. If you can't find anything else, give me a shout.

I have a shifter base if you can't get one through them. I also have a stock tranny in good shape, shifts smoother than my Shep, but Id like you to exhaust all other leads before it even being an option. If you can't find anything else, give me a shout.

Sounds good. Gotta love the DSM peeps

I'm in Edgewood have a 96 fwd talon tsi. I'm semi mechanical but could use some help with this car. Can't seem to get it to run good. Seems to me like I have vacuum lines mixed up or something. Plus I'm new to the area so I'm definitely game for meeting new people.

Yeah that makes two of us I have 2g that i put a 6 bolt in and can not figure what is wrong with it and can not figure out why it wont start

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back