The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

wheel and tire sizes???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufcchris

Probationary Member
May 8, 2011
Augusta, Georgia
please help end this debate,

I have a 1999 GST Spyder

I want to buy 18 x 8 rims
with a +45 offset

I have read the correct tire size would be a 225/40/18 but every websire I go to says I should get a 235/40/18????? can someone running a 18 x 8 +45 tell me the right tire size?? I want to order rims and tires but it seems to be a major difference in opinions!!!!!
My car is current stock suspension but I do plan on putting on Eibach Pro springs

Thank you

I'm currently on 18x8 +35. I'm running 245/40r18 tire size. A 235 would be a great fit as well. Other tire dealer websites may not allow you to see all options simply because options for vehicles can vary what will actually work and not work. IMO, a 235 would look and work fantastic on a 8 wide wheel. 245 is too much. It's squared off and boxy. I don't like it. My next set will be 9.5 wide with hopefully 265.

I don't mean to turn this is a for sale add, but I am trying to sell my current set up if interested.

Ps- I work for a major tire company and have been doing this for quite some time not only with dsms but with every other vehicle out there.

im set on my rims.. ready to buy a set of Motegi MR122 18 x 8, just making sure I get correct tires. I use to manage a custom shop, 10 years ago, so I feel out of touch

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back