The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What to look for in a used dsm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosbloom225

Probationary Member
Apr 12, 2009
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
I'm in the market for a used 2g dsm, curious if theres anything I should look for outside of the usual things on a used car. Seeing as i want a 95-99 model, I'm stuck looking at ~100k mile vehicles. Any tips?

for starters i would try to find something as close to stock as possible. you dont want someone elses toy. especially someone younger that probably beat the crap out of it. you always want to be aware of the crankwalk possability.

definatly agree with talonturbo29 . if ## looking for a DD stay with the most stock setup u can find in ## price range. if it has mods make sure they were done the right way(no hack job) most likely if they did the mods the right way they actually took good care of their car.

Its soo hard helping someone over the internet LOL... There is a few threads in here. I would seach new car or buying car...

Look for a car owned by a more 'mature' owner. They tend to lie less about problems the car may have. They also tend to have more money to spend to fix problems correctly. Look for cut harnesses and rust, especially on the strut towers and underneath the chassis, as well as the spare tire area. Buying cars from down south minimizes this problem. Personally, I look for mods as a competency test. If a mod is done incorrectly, such as the PVC system being incorrectly hooked up, I won't buy the car. Check compression and the timing belt as well. The last thing you want to buy is someone else's problem that they couldn't fix. Buy a car that's Stock, stock, stock. Lastly, make sure you verify the title is free and clear before heading out to buy the car.

If its stock it hasnt been messed with but possibly has been abused but that way you can make sure the parts are on correctly and the way that you want them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back