The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What is my o2 sensor doing?? log attached

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Hi there,

So i have been having issues with my front o2 sensor for a bit and im having a tough time diagnosing it. I replaced the sensor a little while back so I think it should be fine? I have attached a log of warm up idle, with a little throttle play.

When i flip the throttle, the sensor reads the opposite of the wideband. Maybe the sensor is bad out of the box? Do I have anything setup wrong??

Thanks!

Attachments

• log.2013.09.18-01.elgLM1 reprg.elg
    250.3 KB · Views: 56
The LC1 wideband is wired to the rear o2's signal wire on the ECU. Thats why i have it set up like that. Is that wrong? maybe the ecu thinks the LC1 is the rear o2 and its throwing it off?

You have it setup properly. The Wideband (WB) definition value on the ECU Inputs tab doesn't dictate if you're using narrowband sim or not. That's only determined if you have it enabled via the NBO2 sim tab.

Do you know if the front o2 cycles once the car is warmed up? Looks like since it's not cycling at the beginning of the log, it ends up kicking the ECU into open loop and then the front o2 won't cycle.
fueltrimupdatepoints [ECMTuning - wiki]

I'd check with the car up to temp, and if no cycling, I'd say the sensor was DOA.

Thats as warm as the car gets. haha Its suppose to hit 180 right? the OEM coolant gauge is at the 50% level at 165 degrees.

I do have the radiator fans hard wired so there always on when I have a switch flipped. maybe i should think about wiring the slim fans to the harness and let the ECU take control..

Also I have tried letting the car hit 180 degrees, and it wouldnt kick into closed loop. Ill install a new sensor tomorrow and see what happens.

Anymore ideas in the mean time wold be great! Thanks for the help so far DSM'ers!

Above all Without things set up properly for the Tune you're going to have issues... You have near stock Deadtime But pulling 58% fuel and BM 1550's listed in your profile? What injectors are you running?

The wideband doesn't look to me as though it is Calibrated properly either. If it is Then you have a wiring issue or Issue with the car would be my first guess or something setup wrong.

Edit:
Afr's are there...

You Just need too...

Switch back your Stoich Point to 14.7 for the LC-1(in the Setting preference Regardless of the fuel you are using. For all intensive purposes you want the Gas AFR reading) and your going to be having a few less issues here and get more help I'm sure after that :)

Might just to test things out set the Narrowband simulation switching point to 2.43 Volts and Enable it after making some adjustment to the tune and with the AFR's more inline.

Sorry, I had a few things to update in my profile. Im running FIC's 2150 high impedance injectors now, and made a few changes to the TB and intake manifold. I have also been having issues with the wideband. The gauge isnt reading the same at the data logs which confuses the hell outta me. So ill look into the wiring for that.

LM programmer Will be switched back to Gas shortly, and im hopefully going to be bolting in a new o2 sensor today. Ill be back shortly with another log!

I changed the AFR multiplier from E85 back to Gasoline and I had altered the analog voltage tables as well, and I reset those back to factory defaults. Should I have the 'use lambda' or 'use air-fuel-ratio' tab selected in the analog output tables?

gotch ya.. ill make the changes and get another log up here shortly.

EDIT: heres what i got. just fired it up with new settings in the LM programmer. doesnt look like anything changed, but this log had the front o2 sensor unplugged as my new sensor will be in around 5 today. Thoughts on the wideband? the gauge is still reading differently than the log... gauge is around 10-11 the whole time.

Attachments

• log.2013.09.19-01.elg
    123.5 KB · Views: 42
Thoughts on the wideband? the gauge is still reading differently than the log... gauge is around 10-11 the whole time.

On the graph display, double-click the LC1WB item and set it's properties to match whatever you put in LMProgrammer. Right now, your stoich is 9.8, min and max are at 5.9 and 13.7.

Question is why are you trying to program everything to read the E85 readings rather than Tune of the Gas AFR? I have a pretty good feeling you are going to just make things more difficult for yourself... .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back