The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Drivetrain parts from an MT will fit an AT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuikinCO

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 2, 2008
Conifer, Colorado
So I have researched this and searched quite a bit but have yet to find a definitive answer that I deem to be reliable, that being said here is the question/dilemia. Considering going auto since my shell is beat Im thinking it would be better to just buy a 92 auto talon, since i already have a fully built drive train im trying to figure out if any of the stuff i already have will work. I know I will be selling the m/t tranny and tcase and driveshaft but could i use the front and rear cv axles or are they differnt on an a/t?

I think the transfercase will swap. And the axles I think. That is it. Rear diffs are different ratios

Rear axles and driveshaft are the same. Front axles, t-case, and rear must be changed. If your good at wiring or are going to use a shift box 100% of the time then your harness won't be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im just getting a whole new car that is already auto i just have dss stage 5 axles for a m/t so dont want to sell what i can use

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back