The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What do you guys think?

fredom dsm

Proven Member
Jan 31, 2006
Denton, Texas
Hey guys, I overheated my car:cry: and since the head is coming off Im looking to upgrade my springs, retainers and hopefully valves as well. I curently have 272 B.C cams, im just looking to see what people have used and what has worked best for ya'll. I am looking at the B.C springs and retainer combo, what can you say about those springs from previous experiences. I am geting a multi-layered metal head gasket along wit APR head studs as well.

Thanks for your replys

spyderdrifter

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2009
Some where in, Colorado
Look around first for a new head gasket. I've read through many posts about people having issues with the multi layer metal ones. Just do a little searching to see which one is really the better option so you don't end up tearing everything back apart just to swap a head gasket out. :thumb:

gufi

Proven Member
Apr 12, 2011
Chula Vista, California
kinda pointless to upgrade the valves. my car had 1mm oversize valves and it was not worth the trouble. unless you are searching for numbers above 500 don't waste your money or time. keep stock

same head had the BC springs retainers and such. after 40k miles. they still work and revved regularly to 8k

rw87tt

Proven Member
Jul 13, 2008
Houston, Texas
Several years ago my daughter overheated her 96 altima. At the suggustion of the machinist that checked the head. He suggested that I replace the rings. I'm glad I did because when I pulled the pistons some of the rings were stuck in their grooves. I guess this happened due to how hot it got. I honed the cylinders and replaced the rings. It is something to think about and you might ask around.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds