The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What compression should i go with

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob123131

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2004
winona, Minnesota
My set up is going to be a 6 bolt block bored .2 over with a stage 2 ported 2g head with crower springs and retainers and fp1x cams. I currently run a evo 3 ported at 16 but wish to run 22 or 23 and possibly later run a 50 trim at similar boost. I have 560cc currently a 255 and all the other supporting mods. Hoping to push my evo to 350 whp on a fwd. I know the higher i go the smaller my timing window will be and i was thinking i would go 8:3:1, but at that amount of boost on a 2g would i really run into any problems at 9:1. If i go 50 trim i plan for 400whp and yes i know i will need bigger injectors etc. Can't imagine ever going past 25 psi. how much power diff are we talking about between 8:3:1 and 9:1. Will it be like 3whp on this set up or 10 plus and is that gain worth the loss of tuning and posiblely blowing it.

9:1 will be fine. You should always be careful when tuning anyway, and the added compression will help you spool quicker. That'll be handy when you go to a bigger turbo. I'm running a 3065 stroker at 8.8:1.

9:1 will be fine. High compression and high boost makes a little harder time to tune but it pays off with the quicker spool and whatnot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back