The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What am I getting myself into??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my98GST

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2005
Cleveland, Tennessee
I recieved my skunk2 coilovers today and I was planning to install them tomarow along with my inner and outer tie rods on the driver side since they are both completely shot from where i slid into a concrete rise when it started to rain a few months ago.

How hard is it to install the shocks with coilovers? I was planning on useing the stock shocks for now until i can save up a little more money and go with the AGX's or Tokico Illumina's.

The reason for posting this is i've never done anything with coilovers and if its going to be a royal pain in the ass to install the stockers and then in a month or two have to repull them and install the new ones then i may just hold off and sell a few things and get some more $$$. Please rate the install of shocks and coilovers on a 1-10 scale.

Thanks a billion. Oh yeah this is going to be on a 2g GST

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/GCkit-2G.html

Theres the VFAQ how-to about GC coilovers, should be somewhat similar for your skunks. Just remember that with lower suspension bolts they can be a bi*** to get loose, but with that in mind its really not a bad install. Keep in mind you will most likely blow your stock shocks because of the higher spring rate. If it was me, I'd want to do it all at once (I personally hate disassembling the shock assembly to change the springs and all), but its up to you I guess. Good luck!

I would also recommend doing it all at once if you can...Ive done it 4 times on my car and each time i hate it more and more

420aonboost said:
I would also recommend doing it all at once if you can...Ive done it 4 times on my car and each time i hate it more and more

:thumb: . I absolutly hate suspension work. Screw coilovers and get some decent springs. They really are a pain in the ass and somewhat useless (as after you have your alignment done and your camber kits adjusted) it's best to leave it at that height, besides you will hate the thought of having to adjust it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back