The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

were should i get my new engine from

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't know if they are still in business, but I got mine built from Mitch at engintecs. They are up in Chicago so they would be local! I had my bottom end built there about 3 years ago. Mitch is an excellent engine builder and takes an amazing amount of time on getting the motor as clean and perfect as he can. He is priced well also!

He used to be on here a lot. His username is Suprata! I don't know if he is building motors anymore though. Definitely a consideration.

Anthony

Are you looking for a new engine just to replace a bad one? or are you looking for something to be with you through lots of modifications? are you on a budget.....these are just a bunch of little tidbits that would help in providing you with an informed answer!! I personally have used Darren from FFWD Connection - Race Injuns That Will Freeze Your Brain. He does amazing work is a pleasure to deal with and stands behind his stuff %110. He is not cheap but id venture to say hes one of the best! feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

-Kevin

There are a few supporting vendors that have long and short blocks, but it depends a lot on what your budget and goals are. If you're just looking for a stock block you could probably find one in a local junkyard or classifieds. You might also consider swapping in a 6 bolt 4g63 since you wont run the risk of crankwalk.

There are a few supporting vendors that have long and short blocks, but it depends a lot on what your budget and goals are. If you're just looking for a stock block you could probably find one in a local junkyard or classifieds. You might also consider swapping in a 6 bolt 4g63 since you wont run the risk of crankwalk.

:ohdamn: Not the crankwalk panic again. 6-bolts can also crankwalk, but this is not the spot for a debate.
(but 98-99 engines have a revised thrust bearing design...)

To the OP: We really need more info on your goals. Is this just a new engine for a DD, or is this going to be some 600hp beast?

if money is no issue cal AMS LOL.....if it is then pick up a bare 6bolt block and crank and do a cheap eagle/wiseco build

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back