The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

weird clutch problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2004
St. Louis, Missouri
No CEL, happens basically all the time.
Basically when I depress the clutch it feels like there's a bunch of air or something in the clutch line. It makes a squeaking noise, and feels like there's a slight reverberation in the clutch pedal.

I know this is a vague question, but it's really been bothering me :(

On closer inspection...
I'm 99% sure it's not anything w/ the pedal/spring mechanism on the pedal side
When I push it in slowly, there's a very loud groaning from under the hood from about 25% depressed to 75% depressed (haven't pinpointed, but I'll just assume its from the clutch LOL)
Then when I let it out slowly, there's a slight "pop" twice while letting it out, once again close to 75% depressed and again at maybe 30% depressed.

Any ideas? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Makes a loud groaning noise when I engage the clutch slowly, and when I let it out slowly there's no groaning noise, but at two points there's a "pop" (that's the best I can describe it)

Ok more information

Thinking back, I have no idea what type of brake fluid the guy who owned the car before me put in, so it's possible that I mixed DOT3 and DOT4 fluids

An update, when I push down the clutch there's little if any noise now (WTF :confused: maybe this only happens after driving?), then when I let go, after about 50% or so there's a pretty loud pop, and a slight jolt in the clutch pedal with another much smaller pop/jolt right before I completely let off.

I'll check again in the morning I guess

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back