The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Water pipe o ring (thermostat)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesarlcase

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2009
lynbrook, New_York
Good morning guys, just a quick question. I've dented my water pipe and now have the infamous leak where the pipe meets the thermostat housing. I've never taken this piece off, but how long would you guys think this job takes to do and does the manifold have to come down as well? Thanks for the time.

I had to do this to my water pipe as well to make my turbo fit. My pipe started to leak by the thermostat so I took the t housing apart and found that my water pipe o ring was on its way out and not sealing properly anymore. That hammer action was just enough to dislodge the o ring a bit to cause a leak. Take me about 3 mins to unbolt the housing but don't forget there is no gasket there just rtv when you put it back.

I had to do this to my water pipe as well to make my turbo fit. My pipe started to leak by the thermostat so I took the t housing apart and found that my water pipe o ring was on its way out and not sealing properly anymore. That hammer action was just enough to dislodge the o ring a bit to cause a leak. Take me about 3 mins to unbolt the housing but don't forget there is no gasket there just rtv when you put it back.

Ahh okay, good to hear. Yeah, I'll go and get some rtv tomorrow and get this darn thing repaired. Thanks for the quick reply.

Best thing is to get another o ring. I tried the RTV route and ended up being more of a headache rather than a permanent fix. If you cant get it from the auto parts store, try the hardware thats where i got mine. goodluck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back