The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

wastegate actuator help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy19984g63

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2005
chilhowie, Virginia
So I was trying to free up the actuator arm adjustment and broke the arm off, but this is a easy fix for me. The thing I was needing advice on was, I noticed that the actuator itself was loose! I moved it a few times and it broke off too. What do you guys think about spot welding it back, or would this damage the diaphragm inside? It was welded form the factory!

Also this is a scm6152e with the undivided hot side. Have any of you with this type, cut out the middle of the O2 housing?

Attachments

• 100_0329.jpg
    100_0329.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_0331.jpg
    100_0331.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 100_0334.jpg
    100_0334.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_0336.jpg
    100_0336.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_0337.jpg
    100_0337.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 216
Wow, never seen that happen before, I guess spot welding it back on would be the best option. As for the o2 housing, I had a simliar setup and I sort of knife edge the are in between the the 2 holes so the exhaust wouldn't be slamming into a flat surface.

Also, ballsy placement of the Turbo OMG

Agreed, I can't possibly see how that thing broke off like that. As a temporary solution, I would spot weld it. Technically the arm movement shouldn't be too much and the clamping pressure of the WGA shouldn't be that much either. If you need a new WGA, I have one off my old 50 trim that I don't use anymore. I'll PM you price if you need, just let me know. As far as the undivided housing goes, I had one on my old 50 trim and it ran the time in my slip there. IMO, it's a strange fix for boost creep, but then again, I neve rran less than 20 psi anyway.

MY greddy e-01 stopped working, so I was going to turn up the boost at the actuator adjustment And thats how the arm got broke. As for your actuator, thanks for the offer but not now. My engine with the wiseco pistons and eagle rods is setting in my basement with #2 rod bearing in the bottom of the oil pan. I have a stock engine in it now, so after I get that fixed I may go with a different turbo!

That's a common problem with Garrett actuators. I've seen at least 3 do that. They're not really welded from the factory- it's more of a Peen job. The only way I fixed them in the past was by welding....but take extreme care- it's very easy to burn through the actuator itself.

yeah my garret .70 trim I had had some boost issues. I think it was becuase of that WG arm. I went to external gate and that seemed to solve the problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back