1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Vi-pec ecu 1g

Posted by English_Rugby, Apr 24, 2012

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. English_Rugby

English_Rugby Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2010
    Saint Joseph, Michigan
    I have decided that at the end of the summer I am going to buy a VI-PEC V44 ecu for my 1g. I am just wondering who if anyone is running one of these in their DSM at the moment? Do you have any problems with the system? And how easy is it to wire in and use the auto-tune system (which I have actually heard works like a charm from a performance shop that deals with them in Canada). Thanks

290  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. chrisverneuil

chrisverneuil Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2011
    Overlea, Maryland
    That looks pretty sweet. But have you checked out the MS3 from diyautotune? The Vi-Pec seems to be a bit overkill and seems to be talored to newer cars with Variable valve timing and what now. The MS3 will have the same resolution and just about the same features for a about half the price. But if you do go with the Vi-Pec It does seem like a hell of a ECU

3. asrdave

asrdave Proven Member

Joined Aug 6, 2008
    Bergenfield, New Jersey
    Vi-PEC = writer for Autronic branched off to his own company

Real kick ass engine management tho, I seen a factory s14 Pick up 35 whp on the dyno just because of management it is insane

356  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM