The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Valve Guide Height

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandagonier

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2004
Canton, Ohio
Just wondering if anyone knows what the valve guide hight is supposed to be on a 1g head. Called the dealership and of course they wont tell me. Ive looked everywhere for it. Its not in my haynes manual anywhere unless I over looked it. I took the valve guides out without measuring them first, and started to put the new ones back in and just decided to take it to a machine shop so they could just put them in for me. But, they need the measurements for them. So if anyone has them, I would appreciate it. Thanks

I have a feeling that you are going to be looking for a new head soon if you just drove the old guides out at home. The installed height is 19.5-19.9 mm from the top of the guide to the bottom spring seat area in the head.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back