The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Urgent suspension question for you installers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GettinHUGE

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 25, 2002
USA
Probably a stupid question but one that I need to know the answer to.

Ok, I just purchased a set of dropzone coilovers to be installed onto dropzone struts. The probelm I'm having here is when I put them onto the strut, there is a huge amount of space between the spring and the top of the strut, just as with any lowering spring I would imagine. Now, the stock struts required a spring compressor to remove the spring because it pressed so hard against the cap on the strut but like I said, these have probably 2-3" gap. I don't understand how to compensate for this..... seems to me that the spring will be left to freely move up and down along the strut.

(I have installed struts/springs using factory parts but never lowering)

Not quite sure what you mean, can't you just compress the strut until it all bolts up nicely?

Compress against what? The top of the strut tower is just an open hole allowing for the strut shaft to extent a couple inches up into my engine comparment.

There should be stuff that bolts onto the strut shaft, because it attaches to the strut tower. Take the stuff that came off of your stock struts and transfer it onto the new pieces.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back