1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Upper ball joints

Posted by fredom dsm, Oct 22, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. fredom dsm

fredom dsm Proven Member

Joined Jan 31, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...bocharged,1205873,suspension,ball+joint,10070

Hi guys, has anybody used this ball joints and if so are they any good? And if not, what would be a good set up for my UCA? My car is lowered about two inches (probably a lill more, bought like that) all around and Im ready to do new tires all around and I dont want them to wear out too quickly. Right now my fronts are wearing from the inside.
    I will be installing Paul’s LCA and Bobby's bump steer kit. 22mm sway bar, new compression arm (bent arm) shocks and new springs.
    Same thing in the rear, 19mm sway bar, shocks and springs, and Paul’s trailing arms and toe arms.
    Thanks!

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

493  0

manual · 2G DSM
  2. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    When I open the Rockauto link it show all the ball joints & having trouble figuring out which ball joint you're asking about. I changed mine like 5 years ago with the $15.19ea Moog Daily Driver ball joint with the little heart (because customers love it) & they are still going strong if it helps.

3. fredom dsm

fredom dsm Proven Member

Joined Jan 31, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    Sorry about that, I was looking at the Mevotech adjustable for $12.68

Street Build 1K  7

fwd · manual · 2G DSM

493  0

manual · 2G DSM
  4. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I would be wary at that price point for adjustable ball joints. At least these are't hard to get at if you end up having to redo things barring any catastrophic failures that causes more damage. They say "you get what you pay for". Make sure you have good wheel alignment to minimize tire wear too.

5. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    No on the Mevotech, they are cheapo.

Drag Race Build 3K  16

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. fredom dsm

fredom dsm Proven Member

Joined Jan 31, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    Thanks for all the responses. Makes sense on the price. I guess my concern or question is, what would help so I can get my alignment close to perfect?

Street Build 1K  7

fwd · manual · 2G DSM

493  0

manual · 2G DSM
  7. silvreclips

silvreclips Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2005
    Greenville, South Carolina
    If tires are wearing quickly you have a toe problem. Lowering the car did add some additional camber to the front end, but toe being out is what would be causing rapid wear.

Autocross Build 189  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM