The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

tweeter setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you talking about stock speakers and tweeters or aftermarket? When you buy aftermarket component speakers you connect the speakers and the tweeters to the crossovers. I've never had to deal with a stock system with tweeters before. Maybe they can just be wired into the front speakers?

no, I got all aftermarket speakers, but the tweeters are stock. would I run the wire to the same place I connected the front speakers?

I dont want to blow the fuse

Since you are using aftermarket speakers but stock tweeters I would highly suggest not doing this. The tweeters are probably rated at a way lower power and by wiring them together you'll either kill the tweeters or it'll sound like ass. I would either purchase a set of component speakers or buy some crossovers and aftermarket tweeters.

Do not write the stock tweeters to aftermarket speakers. If you really want quality sound or of the tweeters just replace them. I think they are 2.5" if I'm not mistaking. If you was to wire them to the aftetmarket speakers you'll most likely end up blowing the tweeters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly, the stock tweeters (or dash speakers) are 16 Ohms and you'll barely hear them if you connect them.

If you want to hook things up right, buy a component system that comes with an external crossover box and you can wire the tweeters and front speakers to the box and the box to the FRONT speaker wires on the CD player/In-dash unit.

This is what I did to mine - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...market-tweeters-2g-factory-dash-speakers.html

On another note, I know a couple people who bought Walmart tweeters, mounted it on the door and tapped into the door speaker wires.

If I recall correctly, the stock tweeters (or dash speakers) are 16 Ohms and you'll barely hear them if you connect them.

If you want to hook things up right, buy a component system that comes with an external crossover box and you can wire the tweeters and front speakers to the box and the box to the FRONT speaker wires on the CD player/In-dash unit.

This is what I did to mine - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...market-tweeters-2g-factory-dash-speakers.html

On another note, I know a couple people who bought Walmart tweeters, mounted it on the door and tapped into the door speaker wires.

Just checked a set that I had lying around. Theyre a 4 ohm speaker.

Just checked a set that I had lying around. Theyre a 4 ohm speaker.

Strange... I could have sworn mine said 16 Ohms. :hmm: Unless, the Eclipse GSX high end audio tweeters were different than the ones in my Talon. My car didn't have the audio amp under the seat or a sunroof.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back