1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Turbo recommendations for a G4CS 6 bolt 2.4 liter Build

Posted by ChessmoDSM, Jul 11, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Proven Member

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    Hello all, I have decided to go with a G4CS 2.4 build, I am currently running a FP68HTA, Stock intake, FP Exhaust Manifold, 1150 High Z's, a 255 Walbro(think it's on its way out have a 450 to replace it with) and all the fixins ect ect,, My main goal is to have a great and I mean GREAT street car, I am not interested in going fast in a straight line at all, I am more of a road course/hill climb/grapevine type of driver..

My question is should I stick with the 68HTA or take advantage of the 2.4 build and go with something a little nastier for my end goal?

Thanks for any and all responses!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020

Street Build 228  3

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. 98 dsm

98 dsm Supporting Member

Joined Mar 8, 2009
    milaca, Minnesota
    i have the new ported fp red on my drag car (2.0)very impressed with the spool up, also think i would be happy with it in a road course car as well!
    i also have cams that help spool are you running aftermarket cams?

183  4

1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

Drag Race Build 242  8

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 176  7

1990 Eagle Talon TSi
    13.805 @ 99.67 · 1G DSM
  3. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    To me street car says torque, so the 68hta could work, but maybe a tdo6sl2 20g or FP green/red would be the better way to stretch the powerband. Could always do a BW s266 or something too, 2.4 with decent compression and bolt ons would spool that easy and be a ton of fun.

Street Build 813  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

758  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM