The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo motor swap elec. nightmare

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loco4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2003
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I have a 1g n/t swapped to 5spd and total turbo motor swap. My problem is I even swapped the turbo wire harness in but its for a 5spd. My dash harness is still the factory one-n/t automatic. When it was just na with 5spd I bypassed the inhibitor switch at the fire wall. I dont have a clutch neutral switch or park neutral safety switch. Where in the world can I run my bypass to start my engine? I don't wanna swap the dash harness but I do have power going to the car ie: gauge lights, head lights. Any help on this wire chasing would be overly appreciated.WTF :dsm:

you shouldn't have to do anything to the dash harness. It should be the same except for the wire that runs to the turbos clusters boost gauge. I've done the swap and retained all of ly wiring harnesses just added the wires needed for the turbo engine to the fact n't harness which is like 4 wires. If it worened before with the fact dash harness with th n/t engine then the dash harness will work for the turbo engine. You need to check the new harness you put in and make sure you are bypassing the same wires in it that you did with the n/t harness. Also make sure you have the correct year harness (90 to a 90 and 91-94 to a 91-94)

The fact that the dash harness is from a non-turbo and the engine harness is from a turbo won't affect anything. I did the same thing when I turbo swapped my 1g. I'm not sure how the a/t - m/t would be a problem because I’ve never had any experience with that but what would cause a problem is the computer. Did you swap out the computer for one for a turbo 5-speed? Also within the right year rang as the engine? If not that would be a problem. You need to post the computer that you have in the car. If you have the right computer for your engine/transmission/year and the problem is due to the at -mt swap you can disengage the natural safety switch so try that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back