The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Turbo leaking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavymetal101

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 22, 2011
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Is it possible for your turbo to mix antifreeze in to your oil when its cooling? I ask because my engine started to knock, so i drained the oil and it was like a river coming out. So i checked the radiator overflow and its fine, and took off the thermo cap, and the antifreeze is green, no brown in it. So is it possible for the turbo to go bad and start mixing the two? its the only thing i can think of.

i just replaced the head gasket with a new metal one. It cant be the head already. My antifreeze is still full, and still green there is no discolor when i drained the antifreeze.

Are you sure the oil was mixing with coolant and not fuel?

If you are mixing oil and coolant, it's the HG 99.9% of the time. Were the head and block decked for the metal HG?

The coolant chamber in a CHRA is completely separated from the bearings by the casting itself. Unless theres a crack in the cast iron the two cant mix. My moneys on HG as well

guys, the head was brand new. My turbo has been leaking oil everywhere, buring on my exhaust, so i tightened the drain up, and its still leaking for the bolts around the turbine, it has to be this turbo.

I'd like to see the cracks on the CHRA. I've never seen coolant and oil mix in a turbo.

Like stated before if your going to run the metal HG the head has to be decked..Otherwise which I learned in school and Don't know if this is actually true or not..But if its not decked and you have a large HG your actually loosing compression..

Today after work i am going to check the head bolts. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he asked me if i had retourqed my head bolts since installing the new head. Of course i said no. So he is telling me that is my problem. I need to retourqe them and it should stop.

He saw the cracks in the turbo, they are in the wastegate area. I'm trying to get a good angle to show you guys

Today after work i am going to check the head bolts. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he asked me if i had retourqed my head bolts since installing the new head. Of course i said no. So he is telling me that is my problem. I need to retourqe them and it should stop.

He saw the cracks in the turbo, they are in the wastegate area. I'm trying to get a good angle to show you guys

If theyre in the wg area they are not in the CHRA. The only thing those will lead to, if they get big enough, is boost creep like issues. I had the same cracks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back