The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo Choice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99GSXAWDTURBO

15+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2005
Frankfort, Kentucky
Im not a big turbo officionado and i dont know what to get.

I want something that spools fast and doesnt crap out at high rpms.

I want to get at LEAST 300WHP with no internal modifications...except for fuel mods. Or as much WHP as humanly possible...

i already have a CAI, 3in turbo back apexi exhaust.

Money isn't that much of an object.

so what should i get? im lost in the sea of turbo choices.

for only 300WHP an EVO 3 16G is more than enough. Just make sure you have the main mods FMIC, SAFC, 550-660 injectors, logger, Turboback exhaust, filter, fuel pump, boost/EGT gauge, boost controller blah blah blah

how much WHP can i squeeze out of that turbo, or any for that matter without any internal mods?

I would go with a FP green, it can achieve more HP than you are after but it is a great street turbo, responds well to pump gas, and you can leave the internals stock.

My choice would be Fp3052, then Fp green if money is no option.

FP=Forced Performance I dont know what they are talking about though if you want 300 hp and quick spooling turbo then the evo3 is by far your best bet spools almost like stock and doesnt fall on its face up top. Also a 3052 costs all most twice as much as a Green when all said and done so I think 91gvr4 has it backwards.
Tyler

Skunked tsi said:
FP=Forced Performance I dont know what they are talking about though if you want 300 hp and quick spooling turbo then the evo3 is by far your best bet spools almost like stock and doesnt fall on its face up top. Also a 3052 costs all most twice as much as a Green when all said and done so I think 91gvr4 has it backwards.
Tyler

As I stated the green would get him past his 300 hp and he also said that money isn't much of a concern.

I missed that and I apoligize, I myself have a 50 trim and dont consider it laggy but lots of people do and yes the Green will get you well into the 300+ range with propper supporting mods.
Tyler

Skunked tsi said:
Tyler

Again, he said money is no problem. So I tossed out what I consider one of the best street turbos.

Skunked tsi said:
Also a 3052 costs all most twice as much as a Green.

um..the site says they cost the same, if you can find the green for cheaper...let me in! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back