The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

turbo 420a injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xx95eclipse95xx

Probationary Member
Aug 1, 2008
Trinity, North_Carolina
im installinga turbo on my 420a and need to know the best and most affordable route to take in replacing my fuel injectors and what i need to do when i replace them.

yea i know how to take them off i just need to know everything i need to do to make my car be able to support them and i need to know the cheapest way to do it, my friend is giving me some 450cc blue tops for free.

You won't need to change ecu's. You will need some kind of fuel management such as a SFMU to control those injectors though.

Exactly what warsaw said. The stock ecu isnt capable of controlling bigger injectors. A fmu, which you probably have now since your turbo'd also will not work. A sfmu allows you to control them because you can change the idle/static fuel pressure. This is the cheapest way of controlling bigger injectors and works well as long as your not running higher boost.

MegaSquirt would be ideal, a SFMU would be minimal. There are various methods in between that will work as well.

Hey guy's I saw this thread as I was searching throughout the forum...

I have 340cc injectors. Would I need to get an SFMU as well? Would the Apex'i SAFC help control it? Or would I NEED the SFMU and rid of my FMU..?

Thanks guys in advance! :dsm:

Im also trying to find out the best way to get up to 15psi.Right now im at 8psi with 255 walbro and a vortec 12:1 FMU with a blox and a electronic FCD.Im trying to find out the best fuel requirments to reach 15psi.MS or bigger injectors with SFMU? which is the best way to go for every day use?

The "best" way to go above ~8psi would be to use MegaSquirt, with a AFPR (instead of the 12:1) and larger injectors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back