1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

420a turbo injectors

Posted by FRslimmyjim, Apr 24, 2012

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. FRslimmyjim

FRslimmyjim Proven Member

Joined Dec 28, 2010
    warwick, New York
    Hey,
    I just built my 420a with 8.1 compression. crower rods, wiseco pistons, crower springs and retainers, ferrea valves. i am running 7psi with a 38mm wastegate. I am super broke and i feel like i am running really lean. i was wondering what sixe is the biggest injector sixe i can run with my 12:1 fmu and a stock ecu. i know i can run stock ones but am just uncomfortable with them. any help would be awesome. thanks

265  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. Turbotsiawd

Turbotsiawd Proven Member

Joined Nov 7, 2011
    Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
    why? Its been proven time and time again. just get some stock 450's and sell that fmu and get link and you will have a good solid "reliable" setup

3. asrdave

asrdave Proven Member

Joined Aug 6, 2008
    Bergenfield, New Jersey
    he is not 4g63 buddy

356  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  4. Leonthefaded

Leonthefaded Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Link is not going to be the best option for his setup. If anything Megasquirt would be a better option.

The stock injectors should be fine for you. You shouldnt "feel" as though your running lean, you have a wideband to tell you exactly your A/F mixture is. So unless your wideband is telling you that you are, please feel free to trust your gauge. Are you using any fuel additives?

5. silvreclips

silvreclips Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2005
    Greenville, South Carolina
    He cant even run Link on the 420a ECU. Depending on your goals for the car you should either go with portfueler or Megasquirt. You need to get some larger injectors and a 1:1 AFPR. Portfueler will allow you to keep your stock injectors to run out of boost, but when you start to build boost the secondary set cuts on as well supplying more fuel. Megasquirt is the best option but is not for everyone. Its a lot of work and tuning can be a pain to those who have never done any before.

Autocross Build 301  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. FRslimmyjim

FRslimmyjim Proven Member

Joined Dec 28, 2010
    warwick, New York
    I know all about the megasquirt and portfueler and i will probably be going with the portfueler once i get some money but my wideband gauge is telling me i am running lean. i just need alittle more fuel to get by till i get money for the portfueler. this is my daily driver. I just want to know how big of an injector a stock 420a ecu can handle with a 12:1 fmu.

265  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  7. silvreclips

silvreclips Proven Member

Joined Jul 19, 2005
    Greenville, South Carolina
    You cant just swap in larger injectors. I suggest you stay out of boost until you get issue resolved. If you install larger injectors you will have to lower base fuel pressure or pull out fuel via some type of fuel controller

Autocross Build 301  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM