The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Trouble with tuning, car runs terrible

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk95gs

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Havre De Grace, Maryland
I just installed an evoIIIb16g, 650's, FMIC, GM MAF w/ translator (blow thru), walbro 255, 2.5" turboback with wastegate dump and a greddy profec b specII ebc. The car ran pretty good for the first week or so, but now its not so hot. the fuel trims look like this:
low: 139
mid: 114
high: 81
and no matter what i try to do with the translator, the trims always go back to those 3 settings. It barely makes boost, and when it does, it shoots to 17psi, and bucks to 5psi. I hear a very high pitched whistling from the engine bay, and I am hoping it isnt the turbo. any ideas?

i know what you mean i had that same problem, lean out your top end and richen up your low end then reset the battery so the ECU and relearn all the trims. also check your connections.(MAS) make check both lights flash on the translator box when you turn the car to "ON". hope this helps, matter afact i have to reset my low trim its too lean also. good luck

You have a boost leak. Go back and set ur idle, mid, and wot settings back to 0 and see how it runs after u fix your leak.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back