The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

transmission bolt sizes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eligst21

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2010
Chico, California
Alright guys, I have a problem. I am in the process of putting a new engine in my sisters 2g automatic gsx. I was putting on the transmission and to my "organized self", i have seemed to misplaced the bolts that bolt the transmission to the block. Now i have searched and cant seem to see what bolts go where and what is the right pitch and length for the bolts. If anyone could chime in and help me out. Also, can i get the bolts from napa that are higher strength? I know the bolt that bolts the opposite way through the dowel pin, starts out smaller then threads bigger. Does it have to be like that?

Another problem, i cant find the bolts for the ac compressor to the bracket on the back of the block. What size would those be as well? And can i purchase then from napa as well or are they needed to be a special bolt?

Pictures would help as well. Thanks

Thank you. The first link helped alot. But i am in a bind and sort of need the asap. Do you think they would be ok to get from the parts store if i could get a higher strength bolt? I cant really wait to order some. I need this engine in. Also a dealoer is over an hour away from me. Thanks.

If you cannot wait, get the hardware store bolts though you likely won't find all the exact sizes. Me being me, I would have the OEM bolts on order.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back