The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Tranny wont go in gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm4lif3

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 8, 2010
Fort Bragg, North_Carolina
Hey i just had a quick question regarding the bolt for the transmission fluid. It should be a big bolt right in the front from underneath.. Because i no i have been leaking alot of fluid and car been grinding alot of gears but now in morning when just sitting in drive way it hardly goes in any gear. My guess is because its empty and its cold which is just making problem worse?

So my question is the bolt right in front like pretty much by itself sticking out? and how much tranny fluid should i buy how many quarts or what ever they go by im just going to throw some in there hoping to get some more life out of the thing dont have money to replace tranny right now.

Check your slave cylinder while your down there.
I had a leaky slave after fixing that, problem went away.

Ok thanks yea thats the bolt i was taking a look at im probly going to have to use breakerbar if i remember it was pretty snugg on there. And yea ill check that slave out to if its grinding now you think filling the tranny up again, it wont grind near to as much as it does now? Lol i dont know if that makes sense but you think to much damage is done?

chances the damage is done if it's real low on fluid . but that isn't always the case . so put some gear lube in it if it's low and give it a try.

Ok thanks im sure its still going to grind but it will be alot better then it is now until i save up enough money. Thanks

you kno whats wierd today i noticed if cars off car goes in gear easier then when the car is running?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back