The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

tranny help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxsupralvrxx

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2007
Daytona Beach, Florida
ok well my car seems get more and more subbern on not wantin to go ino 1st and 2nd once and a while. When i put it into first it stays their but just trying to get the shifter into first can be a real pain...now Ive been told it cant a shift fork but...idk any help please?

Do you have to put the pedal to the floor for it to let you shift?
more info would be nice

Doyle
:talon:

check your gear fluid and your slave cylinder along with anything with the clutch and shifter bushings

yes I put the pedal all the way to the floor...this isnt my first 5 spd. LOL I was also wondering if it was the cables because it started to do this in my Supercharged Cobalt before the cable broke ( the original owner be up the caobalt bad..) O and this might sound really bad but can anyone tell me where to check the fluid at? and also how do I check the slave cyilinder? If it was the syncros wouldnt it pop out of gear?

Just to be on the safe side buy some gear lube, and change the fluid, their are to plugs for your tranny. One is on the front side of the tranny(to fill) and the other is on the passenger side(to drain). Drain it out then fill it up with the new till it starts to over flow out the fill hole. There is no dipstick for the 5speed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back