The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

TPS settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ndgentalon95

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2007
Tolland, Massachusetts
I would like to ask what are the symptoms of a TPS that is set wrong and symptoms of a bad TPS when ever I step on it I get bucking and it seems like (I have a Automatic) That the transmission is shifting really late.

Hi!

If you can read tps voltage through a safcII or a other device, at 0% throttle it should read approx. EDIT:0,63V. I got this value from ECMtuning.

I had a problem in the first place because I had adjusted it at approx. zero volts. The TPS give 2 signals. One say closed, and one give the throttle position. When the TB is shut, no throttle, the TP sensor tell the ECM that the TB is shut and cuts fuel. In my case I adjusted it to approx. 0Volts. That made the ECU cut fuel below 10% throttle. That made the car very jumpy and impossible to drive at a constant speed. As soon as I got less than 10% throttle, it cut fuel.

Now, I have adjusted it close to 0,7Volts to make it perfect when I drive in 1st gear at very slow speeds, like in a traffic jam.

Just my own experience.. :)

John

Actually the correct TPS voltage should be .63v when closed and 5.00 when wide open. If you have DSMLink you can also log RawThrotPos. It should be set at 32 when closed and 255 when wide open. This will get your TPS adjusted correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back