The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G torque steer slop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZmocoLoco

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Chandler, Arizona
in a 2g fwd, what worked best to keep your fwd from torque steering, and wheel hopping down the pavement? ive heard an ELHS with a 6 bolt helps with an LSD... i will NEVER weld the diff. out of the question. i like to make u-turns. im keeping it a 7 bolt so the half shaft is out of the question as well... what options do i have?

Unless you're flooring the throttle off every acceleration, torque steer shouldn't be an issue. My spyder is now awd, but when it was fwd, I never really had torque steer problems, even with spirited driving.

Thing that reduce/ remove wheel hop:

Engine torque damper
traction bars
poly bushings

I have dealt with torque steer on turbo K honda/acuras, but havent had torque steer on a dsm. I know adding a Quaiife LSD doesnt help (on a hondA),.
Things like using a larger turbine housing and a boost by gear setup will lessen it . Personally I would just learn to live with it. Once you get used to the torque steer, you know when its gonna happen and you will auto compensate , like its a reflex.

Well it isnt a bolt in but you seem to suggest the 7 bolt ( I assume 2g) block wont work.
Problem is the size of fwd axles vs awd. Trying equal length shafts would require front diff modification.

Well it isnt a bolt in but you seem to suggest the 7 bolt ( I assume 2g) block wont work.
Problem is the size of fwd axles vs awd. Trying equal length shafts would require front diff modification.

yes for 2g 7 bolt. feel free to check out my thread build if you are interested. the trans is currently out of the car, along with everything else besides rear brake lines in the bay. any links or documented procedures you can share along with this info? thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back