The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G torque solutions rear engine mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig1970

Proven Member
Sep 9, 2016
Warren, Rhode_Island
so i had purchased a rear mount and tried to do that this weekend but the stock bolts are no where near long enough , have any of you gone through this problem and if so what size and how long of bolts did you get and maybe a place to get them ( i thought about just going to like home depot but didnt think what i could find there would be strong enough)
any and all help would be appreciated i just want to get my car back together

Haha I have went through this recently I actually ended up getting a pack of them for cheap grade 8 (in metric class 10.9 or whatever) from autozone. Ill get ya the size and or part number for the ones I got tomorrow. I ended up drilling out the mount brackets on the motor front and back to the size bolt the motor mounts will take cant remember what size they were bought grade 8’s at a local hardware store and everything. Not sure if itll make a difference since mines a 1g

The long bolt that goes through the 2g rear roll stop bracket assembly is 10x1.25x84. The 3 bolts that hold the bracket to the tranny are 12x1.25x30. Be careful not to over tighten those 3 bolts (51 ft.lbs max) as the tranny is soft aluminum and steel bolts will strip the tranny threads if too tight. And yes they might all have been too short as I recall. Getting longer bolts will help as there will be more threads holding it in so less likely to strip. Just make sure they aren't too long where they bottom out and you get fooled into thinking they're tight.

Last edited:
Roll stop ? Isnt that close to the rear end ? I am talking about the rear engine mount and the 3 bolts that hold it down , they just barely go past the bottom of the torque solutions mount so they need to be about twice as long

Haha I have went through this recently I actually ended up getting a pack of them for cheap grade 8 (in metric class 10.9 or whatever) from autozone. Ill get ya the size and or part number for the ones I got tomorrow. I ended up drilling out the mount brackets on the motor front and back to the size bolt the motor mounts will take cant remember what size they were bought grade 8’s at a local hardware store and everything. Not sure if itll make a difference since mines a 1g
Thank you I think you are on the same page as me and I would have to guess they are prob the same if not I will try the local parts store as well

So I called and found out the rear ones and the front motor mount bolt ( thats connects to the rad support) is m10 x 1.25 35 mm class 10.9. When I was seeing how long I could go with I think a 40 mm would work but even the 35 mm length would get you to the stock position more less with a little extra. Autozone had a pack of 4 so worked perfect for the rear snd front. I also used crush washers on mine kind of like a precaution.

So I called and found out the rear ones and the front motor mount bolt ( thats connects to the rad support) is m10 x 1.25 35 mm class 10.9. When I was seeing how long I could go with I think a 40 mm would work but even the 35 mm length would get you to the stock position more less with a little extra. Autozone had a pack of 4 so worked perfect for the rear snd front. I also used crush washers on mine kind of like a precaution.
thank you very much !!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back