The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tinted windshiel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandman817

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2010
Lower Fairfield, Connecticut
Before anyone says that tinting your windshield is illegal, i know. I know the laws in my state about window tinting and understand the consequences if i were to get pulled over for window tint.

So has anyone tinted the windshield on their dsm? My car is going to be flat black and plan on putting 30% tints on the front windows, and 20% on the rest of the windows. Not sure how much i would tint the windshield if i were to. I would wantit to be slightly tinted, but not to the point where you couldn't even see into the car if you looked. I was thinking something like 75% or 80% light allowance tint on the front, not really sure if i'd like to go any darker.

If i end up not tinting the front windhsield i would get the 'eye brow' across the top of the windshield.

Also, if anyone has either tinted their front windshield or have the eyebrow post up some pictures!!!:thumb:

Don't do it. I have 5% all around, and its dark as hell at night. I use to have 20%, and it was still pretty dark. I can deal with the 5%, just dont do the windshield. You will regret it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not knocking your car or anything, but the 5% tints are the reason why you cant see shit at night.

I have 20% all around on my truck and its fine at night, other than backing out of really dark areas where i have to roll down my windows. driving in general is fine and i can see out the window no problem

Check my profile pictures i have the eyebrow across my windshield. And I absolutely love it. No problems here. 20% tint all around my car. Actually only my avatar has the eyebrow in it. I tried to help

15% all around with sunstrip. I think its perfect during the day, no issues seeing at night.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Lol, thanks guys. But Im not a "bro." ;) She's female built

Yes pure sexy my lady. Wish I could do that here in Utah. Damn laws.

But on another note, just do the tint strip on windshield.

Old ass photos, cars looks waayyy better now but, 5% tint all the way around with 6 inch (i believe) brow.

Man those pictures are so old and kinda embarrassing, Oh well enjoy!! :)
I know a guy with an NSX and he has windshield tint with the brow. He said it was like 50% percent, I believe. He owns a shop here in town, said it cut down inside the car temps. (hot as hell in kansas)

Ima take a shot in the dark n say her name is Vanessa?!? The pink calipers gave it away from me, Id rock it regardless! Very sexy lookin car!

Lol, my name or the cars name?

Yes pure sexy my lady. Wish I could do that here in Utah. Damn laws.

But on another note, just do the tint strip on windshield.

I think the legal limits in Florida are 25% on the back windows and 35% on the front. Could be wrong, but I'm not far off.

So, my 15% is illegal, but as long as you arent driving like a dumbass, the cops around here tend to leave you alone about it.

Don't do it. I have 5% all around, and its dark as hell at night. I use to have 20%, and it was still pretty dark. I can deal with the 5%, just dont do the windshield. You will regret it.

Not knocking your car or anything, but the 5% tints are the reason why you cant see shit at night.

I have 20% all around on my truck and its fine at night, other than backing out of really dark areas where i have to roll down my windows. driving in general is fine and i can see out the window no problem

Use to have 20%, and it was still dark. I can see fine at night, but when backing up, I need to wind down the windows, plus I have a back up camera with my dvd head unit, so it helps with the 5%. You will be better off with just the tint strip on the windshield personally.

I have 5% on back half and 15% on driver passenger windows. It looks good and u can see at night but difficult when backing up in really dark areas. I also have a eye brow it's perfect I went passed the as1 line about 6ins. I like the set up. But my truck has 50% all the way down with a 5% eyebrow and it's not bad at night so it's your personal preference.

dont tint the windshied youll regret it go with 15% all the way around...minus windshield of course

15% all around with sunstrip. I think its perfect during the day, no issues seeing at night.

Just stunning. And very classy. You go girly!

I would do it im contemplating 50 on the front windshield, just because 20 would be wayyy too dark at night. I will be getting 5 all the way around.

for your windshild, something like 50 looks great and keeps it freaking nice and cool too. Anything maybe down to 35 or something inbetween would be ok, but lower then 35 is asking for safety trouble. oddly, I had a hard time finding a shop that would do it though.

I agree 50% is the best for the windshield. I have done Jeeps with 50% and it looks good...just enough to give it that smoked look! I wouldn't do the strip...it just looks too old skool for me.

Wouldn't tinting the front windshield any % make it more difficult to see versus a non-tinted windshield? I say for safeties sake just go with the brow.

I had a car tinted with 3% limo tint all the way around! (minus windshield) It looked amazing! The only thing is..... I could barely see out of the car! And if it was raining out...... forgetaboutit! The police never gave me a problem about it, but I would try to roll down the drivers window if I was at a stop light beside a cop, just in case. My current car is tinted 15% in the rear and 35% in the front which is what the law allows in my area. It looks okay, but I think I would prefer 15% on the front too.

Tinting IMO is a personal thing, everybody seems to like something different. It's your car as long as you like it, that's what counts.

I've got 35% i'm ok seeing at night but if it rains then game over. Tint + water blur = wing it and pray.
Your car may look sweet with a tinted windshield but sooner or later you'll regret it.

I was going to go 30% on my entire front windshield (I've got really good eyesight, and Jacksonville city streets are well lit at night).

But with my smoked & VERY illegal tails, I have to keep cops in front of me, which would allow them to see my windshield.

So I had to pick having smoked tails or tinting my windshield... I kept my tails.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back