The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G throttle body vac hoses going the wrong way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse_16g

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2008
Naugatuck, Connecticut
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

are these vacume lines pointing the wrong way? the throttle body has to be right because the isc sensor is in the right spot for the connector.

1990 throttle bodies are different in ways like that, IIRC

Erm my bad, it actually looks more like a 2G throttle body, with the ports pointing towards the driver side.

It can work, but the 1g Throttle body is bigger and flows better. 1g owners go for the 2g TBE and the 2G owners go for the 1g Throttle body.

You can see above the size difference in the two TBs. The same inlet diameter would be on the IM as well. The 2g mating up the the 1g manifold will create a big lip affecting airflow. You could either try and bell mouth the TB outlet or just get the 60mm 1g TB.

I ran a 2G TB with my 1G IM (6 bolt swap) for a quite awhile. It will work fine but a 1G TB is the way to go. When I replaced it with a 1G TB I noticed a slight "seat of the pants" improvement in performance. IMO, the car seemed to run smoother with a slight bump in power.

You may need to bend the vacuum nipples so that they angle up slightly in order to get the vacuum hoses on there (clear the IM).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back