The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Throttle body Shaft seal install help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmMickey

Proven Member
Aug 18, 2014
Hamden, Connecticut
I know there are a lot of forum about the shaft seal but haven't found a clear picture of which side of the shaft seal to install it. Whoever done this, I don't know how you did it to make it simple. I lube it with little bit oil and tap it down with 10mm socket (try both side) and seem messing up my seal. So far I already mess up one of my seal and made it oval. I want to know which side to install it, First picture or second picture. Sorry I'm little mad right now.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I used the video that was posted above and I chose to do a very thin layer of dielctric grease on the seal before I put it in. I used the pack side of a smaller screwdriver handle that was round and just worked it in with that mine went in fairly easy. might there be a bur sticking out on the mating surface for the seal causing it to snag and not slide in easy I see a indention where it looks like you pulled the old one out?

I just recently did mine and when I tried to tap them into place they wanted to do that too. I ended up just pushing them in with my fingers so that I could really work them in straight. It was pretty tight and I had sore fingers already from messing with the damn thing, but I did get them to go in straight that way. Good luck!

im going to do this again, I brought the seals from extremepsi but I just notice on the picture of seals on STM. they both look different, the seals I have now is all rubber and inside metal but the STM seals on the picture look like it all metal. Im not sure now, where did you guys brought the seal from?

There are a few different styles out there, so I wouldn't sweat it and what you see in the picture may not actually be what you get. Whatever you get they should still do the job. The ones I used were all rubber like you were using in your pictures. You'll get it! And just think, after you get those in you get to mess with that damn throttle return spring. :ohdamn::|

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back